Saturday, January 07, 2006

Happy New Year!

Can you believe how fast 2005 flew by? It was an amazing year for me, I produced 55 books! (more on that later). Looking back, 2005 was filled with so many great events and learning experiences . . .

January

What better way to start the new year than by writing a book? I was delighted to assist several new authors create their manuscript. Michael Lipowski wrote Pure Physique, Roberto Ruiz created Zero to Iron Man and Feryal Allen, who wrote From Fear to Light. February and March were chock full of new books (soon to be listed on my Author's Page) and all of sudden it's April. Time to get ready to Exhibit at my first event!

April - Mark Victor Hansen's Mega Book Event

What a thrill to be "approved" as an Exhibitor at Mark's event and even more thrilling to be there. Mark certainly knows how to host an event and ALWAYS has an incredible lineup of speakers to present. Exhibitors get a 45-min breakout session to present and it was pretty cool to get a huge turnout for my 7:30 am Writing Class. That's right, 7:30 A.M. and there were 54 people in the room! Bea Donatelli, my Marketing Manager was phenominal, sales were through the roof!

Exhibiting can be very fun and very profitable. Here is what I learned from doing my first show:

1) Have a great partner / assistant / helper.
2) Know your audience and their needs
3) Know your product and make sure it matches your audience and their needs
4) Be prepared: to answer questions, sell product, stand for many hours
5) Collect email addresses and permission to contact them -- I asked: May I send your my Writer's Newsletter? Everyone said yes.

May - First Writer's Boot Camp

My first "group" of authors. Wow! What fun. 9 authors, 12 books! How did they do that? Michael Morningstar, Health Coach extraordinare, (
www.GreatNewsCoach.com) wrote 3! Sandra Herron wrote 2. Held at the beautiful Lake La Quinta Inn in La Quinta, California, we had 3 amazing days. The synergy was incredible and inspiring. Everyone commented on how much fun and how easy it was to write their book! The Writer's Boot Camp is a hit! Everyone got their outcome and a great time was had by all! I was walking on clouds for days after the event.

July - NSA in Atlanta!

Off to Atlanta for 5 days to Exhibit for the National Speakers Association. Honestly, I don't remember how I found out about the NSA but it made sense to go to the event since Professional Speakers typically need a book. I was right! It is an absolute MUST for Speakers to have a book. What a fabulous experience! I took Bea Donatelli, and as usual, she surpassed all my expectations for sales.

October - Writer's Boot Camp

15 Authors, 21 Books! Can you believe it! The most amazing 3 days of the year! From the moment I arrived at the hotel, 3 days before the event, I knew it would be magical. My Leadership Team, Michael Morningstar, Yolanda Harris, Brenda Schinke, Farah Riseon, Billy Billitzer, Carol Grove were absolutely incredible! Authors from as far away as Australia and New York came to Newport Beach, California to write their book and we did it in 3 days! The guest speakers, Adam Witty (Publishing) , James Roche (InfoProducts), Glenn Plaskin (Manuscript Review), Yolanda Harris (Speaking) and Katherin Sansone (Publicity) gave content-rich presentations.

November - Mark Victor Hansen Speaking Empire

What a hoot! Incredible speakers, fabulous presentations, great venue. Mark's team is top notch and a delight to work with. The event was a huge success and Mark personally invited me to speak on stage at the next Mega Book Event!!! I was totally speechless! The event is in July, 2006 in Orlando, Florida. This was a dream come true and I owe this happening to Yolanda Harris, (
www.TheKeyNoteGroup.com) Speaker's Coach Extraordinare, and my Business Coach, who literally got behind me and pushed up to Mark to say hello and speak with him. Thank you, Yolanda! You are awesome!!!!

Dreams do come true!!!!

No comments: