Thursday, March 16, 2006

I love being a Writing Coach

I arrived in in Phoenix today to attend the Ice Escape Writer's Conference. (
http://www.iceescape.com/) I'm pretty excited about being here as I will be sharing the stage with some pretty prominent speakers and have the opportunity to do two presentations.

As I was looking at the meeting room and exhibition hall, I met and spoke with a couple of the attendees who came to learn how to write a book. They too, were excited about being here and after a few minutes of talking about their book, they asked the magic question, "How do we get started?"

That began a 45-minute mini-lesson on preparing to write, giving them my book with a homework assignment and a promise that they would come to my session on Saturday. They both gave me a hug and had big smiles as they went off to get started on their book. It was so wonderful to see that look on their face, the look that says "I got it!" "I can do this!" The "I'm really going to write my book!" look. It reminded me of why I started my company in the first place, to help people turn their book writing dreams into reality. I love my work!

To your writing success!

Ann

No comments: